Loveday's Day

Monday, September 1, 2008

I said goodbye today


I said goodbye today to a member of our family. Blackjack was bought for K when she was two or three. She officially named him William Blackjack because she wanted him named after her daddy. Blackjack would have been 15/16 in October, but he just could not make it. I had to make the decision today. It was not easy...but I hope on this labor day I can remember it as a Labor of Love. It was one of the hardest things I ever did, but I loved him too much too let him suffer any longer.

On a happier note the picture above was take because Blackjack was so ornery. He had laid his head on a book I was reading called Redeeming Love. We all laughed because Blackjack had very few redeeming qualities and love was not one of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry. :(

September 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

It's a hard thing to do, I am so sorry. Praying for you.

September 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Tommy said...

Tweety Bird,

Flitter over to the Scratch N Post if you dare. I have heard you chirping to Rubber Ducky over the fence and understand you have a Shotgun problem. I have a solution.

September 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home