Loveday's Day

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a BIG sister will do for her LITTLE sister

My younger sister is in Hawaii with her husband for a couple of months. Well, this weekend her cat Winston (who hates me) got really sick. Everyone who knows me - knows I love animals and will do anything for them. Anyway, Winston is 18 years old and he was really sick....so I went and got him and took him to the emergency animal clinic on Sunday evening (thanks M and S for going with me).

Winston was in renal failure and there was really nothing they could do for him. My sister asked that I be with him when they put him down. Well, I automatically said I would do this for her (I have never been able to do this before NEVER, not even with my own animals).

The picture you see below is me holding Winston telling him goodbye, tears rolling down my face, rubbing his head the way I know I would do if he was mine. N - I did this for you because you couldn't, but it was very hard.



3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm proud of you! Yes, it was hard and I had never met the cat before. I can't imagine having to do this with any of my own.

February 10, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

You are a good sister. It's amazing what God enables us to do, even when we think we can't.

February 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Sharpshots said...

I know it was hard but you would do it for anyone if you had too!

February 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home